How to Detect & Remove BlackBerry Spyware & BlackBerry Spy Apps
BlackBerry spyware is an ever increasing problem. As the BB continues to gain popularity, people will continue to find ways to spy on a it using either cell phone spyware or a spy app. The good news is that detecting and removing these apps are a lot easier than most people think. spy apps
Here are a few detection tips.
- Have you recently let your cell out of your sight? It only takes a few minutes to install BlackBerry spyware. If you’ve recently let someone borrow your phone to make a quick call or download a game, then they could have actually installed spyware on your phone.
- Is your cell phone bill’s data fee higher than normal? In order to transmit the logs that are recorded on your BB, the spyware needs to use your data connection (GPRS, 3G, etc) in order to upload the logs to a remote server. If you notice that your data usage fee and traffic are higher than usual, this is a sure sign you might have a BlackBerry spyware on your phone.
- Is that an echo? There are a few BlackBerry spyware programs that gives someone the ability to “tap” your live calls. When your call is tapped, sometimes you will be able to hear a slight echo or even a “click” that in most cases you might ignore. Sometimes its hard to distinguish this from general network or phone issues, but if you start to hear it more often than you perhaps did in the past, this could be a definite sign you have a one of these apps installed on your phone.
If some (or all) of these warning signs sound familiar to you, then I HIGHLY RECOMMEND taking action on either of the BlackBerry spyware removal tips below.
BLACKBERRY SPYWARE REMOVAL TIPS
1) Take your BlackBerry to your service center & wipe your phone clean. The best way to eradicate your BlackBerry from spyware, is to take the BlackBerry to your service provider and tell them you suspect someone has installed a BlackBerry spy app, so you want them to reinstall the OS. By doing this, any spy app on your BlackBerry will be completely wiped from your phone.
2) Take matter into your own hands and remove it yourself. It’s not hard. You can easily remove the BlackBerry spy app yourself by downloading a FREE application called KISSES. This BlackBerry app will do a quick scan to verify that you indeed have a BlackBerry spy app on your phone, then will proceed to remove it.
Remember, it only takes a few minutes to get a BlackBerry spyware on your phone. If you think there is even the slightest chance someone has installed a spy app on your BlackBerry, don’t wait to get it removed.