Known and Unknown Facts You Should Know About COVID 19
The new coronavirus is the disease-causing agent of the viral disease that has become a global pandemic, and it has induced the global economic recession. Known as COVID-19, this disease has threatened the public health in large-scale and forced the authorities across the world to go for the long-term lockdown to break its chain of progression. According to the UN Secretary-General, the situation due to the COVID-19 is reminding of the crises that had occurred during World War II. Globally, more than 16 lakhs people have been infected by this disease and it has caused over 82,000 deaths worldwide. spucktest kaufen
The COVID-19 had its origin in the Chinese city of Wuhan in the last month of 2019 when the local health workers stated that this viral disease was passed from the animals to humans. Since then, it has spread to different countries across the world. At present, the disease is prevalent in over 100 countries across the world. Being a new virus, there is no specific vaccine or medicine available over-the-board to prevent this viral disease. Since December last year, there have been many attempts to understand the novel coronavirus. Despite the availability of a plethora of data available, it is not known much about this newly mutated coronavirus. In this article, we are going to walk you through some unknown things and facts about the virus.
<b>Known Facts about Novel Corona Virus</b>
- This newly muted virus was first spotted in the Chinese city of Wuhan where the people got this virus from the products derived from cattle.
- Corona Virus is scientifically called as SARS-CoV-2.
- Since the disease was discovered in the year 2019, the World Health Organization (WHO) has christened it as COVID-19.
- Only a few days back, WHO has decided to call this COVID-19 as ‘Pandemic’.
- This virus belongs to a family of viruses that cause diseases ranging from a mild cold to severe diseases. Some of the severe diseases caused by this family of viruses include Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS).
- The common paths of transmission of viruses include physical contact of or through the coughed or sneezed droplets coming from the infected person.
- This viral disease is highly contagious.
- The symptoms are mild in the beginning for an infected person and the infections pick up over a while. The symptoms associated with COVID-19 include dry cough, fever, sore throat, nasal congestion, tiredness, diarrhea, or running nose.
- About 80% of people with COVID-19 recover without much medical intervention. However, ever one person out of six infected people become seriously ill and require serious medical intervention as they develop breathlessness.
- Ordinary people can avoid getting this disease by observing social distancing, washing their hands with hand sanitizers or soaps at regular intervals, stopping the touching of their face, nose, and eyes, avoid traveling, and stopping the practice of hugging and handshaking.
After having gone through the known facts, let us now look at some unknown facts about this disease.